How will we deal with your complaint?
Client queries and complaints
Our aim is to provide a high level of service to all of our clients all of the time. We value feedback of all kinds from our clients and use it to enhance our products and services. We appreciate that from time to time things can go wrong or there can be misunderstandings. We are committed to dealing with queries and complaints positively and sympathetically. Where we are at fault, we aim to put things right at the earliest opportunity.
If you have a query regarding your account or your dealings with CMC Markets, you should initially notify the Client Management Team as soon as reasonably practicable by;
- E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone 416-682-5000
- Writing to 120 Adelaide St West, Suite 1420, Toronto, Ontario M5H 1T1.
Our Client Management Team will determine whether the query can be resolved immediately or will require further investigation. Most queries can be resolved immediately or within 24 hours. If your query requires further investigation, we will contact you within 5 business days of the initial query to advise you of the outcome.
Complaints handling process
How can you make a complaint?
If you would like to make a complaint please contact our Client Relations team at email@example.com or alternatively call 416-682-5000, Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm EST.
How will we deal with your complaint?
- Record details of your complaint on our centralised complaints recording system.
- Thoroughly investigate the relevant issues using all the information available to us.
- Correct any mistake we may have made.
- Let you know of the outcome.
- All complaints will be dealt with in the same way. However, we suggest that if you want to make a formal complaint you put the complaint in writing.
- This will help us gather all the facts to investigate thoroughly and reply promptly.
How quickly will we deal with your complaint?
- We will always try to resolve complaints as quickly as possible and you should receive an initial response within 5 business days. As a minimum you will receive an acknowledgment of your complaint within 5 business days.
- Some issues may take longer to investigate and we will normally provide a final response within 4 weeks.
- If we are unable to deal with your complaint within four weeks, we will issue you with a further acknowledgement letter to explain why we are still unable to provide a final response and will provide you with regular updates. Generally a final response will then be provided within 8 weeks of receipt of your complaint, if this is not possible you will receive an explanation for the delay, but no later than 90 calendar days from when your written complaint was first received.
Who will deal with your complaint?
- In the first instance, your complaint will be handled by one of our trained representatives. This process will be overseen by a Supervisor and you will be provided with our initial response. Our Designated Complaints Officer is responsible for managing the complaint process, CMC Markets' Designated Complaints Officer is our Chief Compliance Officer ("CCO"). They can be contacted by phone at 416-682-5000 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, please mark your email for the attention of the CCO.
- Normally most complaints will be resolved at the first point of contact. If you are not happy with our initial response you can refer the matter to our Chief Compliance Officer, who will arrange for further investigation to be carried out.
- Following this investigation you will be issued with our final response within the time frames specified above.
- With regard to any complaint you may have against CMC Markets UK Plc specifically, if you are dissatisfied with the handling and/or findings in relation to your complaint or dispute, you may refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR (www.fos.org.uk) for further information.
What do you do if you are not happy with the outcome?
- Our final response letter will include a copy of the IIROC approved complaint handling process brochure which will give details of the options available to you. Alternatively you may obtain information pertaining to IIROCs complaint process at http://www.iiroc.ca/investors/makingacomplaint/Pages/default.aspx