CMC MARKETS UK PLC and CMC MARKETS CANADA INC.
Each of our employees is responsible for ensuring the privacy of your personal information. CMC Canada's Chief Compliance Officer is responsible for overseeing all privacy matters.
CMC Markets may use such information for any one or more of the following purposes:
- to provide the services to you that you have requested including processing transactions;
- to confirm your identity;
- to maintain your personal profile
- to manage your account;
- to contact you when necessary or appropriate in relation to the services being provided to you;
- to keep you updated whilst you are a client in relation to matters such as contracts you have traded and activities of CMC Markets;
- to manage and administer the products and services provided to you;
- to provide you with information regarding the products and services offered by CMC Markets;
- to develop an understanding of the products and services that you may be interested in obtaining from CMC Markets;
- to provide you with information or opportunities that we believe may be relevant to you;
- to tailor the website or other service we provide to you to your needs and interests;
- to create anonymised statistical data; and
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
You consent to CMC Markets using your personal information for the above-stated purposes. You also consent to CMC Markets transferring your personal information outside of Canada and the European Economic Area where this is necessary for CMC Markets to fulfil its contractual obligations to you. Please note that CMC Markets only transfers personal information to organisations outside of Canada and the EEA if CMC Markets has assessed the organisation as having appropriate controls and safeguards in place to protect your personal data.
When requesting information from us, the information you share may be used by CMC Markets to conduct marketing reviews or to send you promotional materials or announcements from time to time. You may opt-out from receiving such information from CMC Markets and ask us to remove your contact information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us at 1 866 884 2608.
CMC Markets does not require your consent if the purpose of disclosing your personal information is for the collection of a debt, to a law enforcement or regulatory agency, a trade repository or to legal counsel. In addition, CMC Markets is required to respond to requests from the Canadian securities regulatory authorities (such as the Ontario Securities Commission) and self-regulatory organizations (such as IIROC, and CIPF) for information concerning our current and former clients, employees and directors. In addition, CMC Markets may be required to provide your personal information to other regulatory and government bodies from time to time in Canada, the UK (including the Financial Conduct Authority) and other countries.
Their requests for information are for regulatory purposes, including but not limited to:
- surveillance of trading related activity;
- sales, financial compliance, trade desk review and other regulatory audits;
- investigation of potential regulatory and statutory violations;
- regulatory databases and trade repositories;
- enforcement or disciplinary proceedings;
- reporting to securities regulators; and
- information sharing with securities regulatory authorities, regulated marketplaces, other self-regulatory organizations and law enforcement agencies.
CMC Markets may also disclose your personal information to:
- financial institutions and other similar organisations that it deals with in the course of its corporate activities, or those that are nominated by you;
- external service providers and professional advisers (which may be located overseas) that provide services to CMC Markets;
- any organisation at your request or any persons acting on your behalf, including your financial adviser, broker, solicitor or accountant;
- any third parties where this is necessary to process a transaction or provide services which you have requested; or
- any authority to whom CMC Markets is required to disclose such information by law.
Please note that your personal information may be verified with a credit bureau, global registries, personal references, your employer and other lenders.
You need not give us any of the personal information requested by CMC Markets. However, without that information, CMC Markets may be unable to open an account for you, where the information is requested in an application form, or to provide you with any other services, information or assistance you have sought.
We may monitor or record our telephone calls with you for our mutual protection (e.g. to ensure that your instructions are carried out, to document that we have made required disclosure to you and to ensure that client service levels are maintained).
Limit Use, Disclosure and Retention
With the exception of our parent company and those regulatory entities noted herein, CMC Markets does not provide your personal information without your consent to any third party for marketing purposes. If we use other companies to provide services to you on our behalf, we will provide them only with the information that they need to perform those services and will ensure that these companies have in place appropriate privacy and confidentiality controls.
We are committed to maintaining the accuracy of your personal information and ensuring that it is complete and up to date. If you discover inaccuracies, you must notify us immediately.
Safeguarding client Information
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. Examples of safeguards include restricted access to our information processing and storage areas, limited access to relevant information by authorized employees only, use of passwords, firewalls and encryption of electronically transmitted information and the use of secure locks on filing cabinets and doors.
We have agreements in place with third party suppliers requiring that any information provided by us be safeguarded and used only for the sole purpose of providing the service we have requested the company to perform.
If you want to review or verify your personal information, or to find out to whom we have disclosed it, please contact us in writing. We may need specific information from you to enable us to respond to your request. If a fee is involved for this service, we will advise you in advance.
Handling Client Complaints and Suggestions
If you have any questions concerning privacy and confidentiality matters, or this Policy, please contact CMC Canada's Chief Compliance Officer (416-682-5000) in Toronto, Ontario. You may also wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada in Ottawa.
When you use this website or other service we provide to you, you may be able to link to other websites. This Privacy and Security Policy does not apply to those sites. CMC Markets encourages you to read the privacy policies on such sites.
When cookies are used by us, they collect statistical and factual information about how you use our services. Most internet browsers are set up to accept cookies. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may be able to change the settings of your browser to refuse all cookies or to have your computer notify you each time a cookie is sent to it, and thereby give yourself the choice whether to accept it or not. However, this may impair the quality of the services that we provide to you in relation to your account.
By accessing the CMC Markets website or other service we provide to you, you consent to CMC Markets collecting, maintaining, using and disclosing personal information about you and provided by you or by another person as described above.